While exploring, you can save your work by saving a Look. This saves all of your choices for filters, visualizations, fields, sorting, and so forth. Once you’ve created a Look, you can save it for future use.
Both Looks and dashboards can be organized via spaces (e.g. "Personal”, "Group") and later edited as needed.
- Saving Looks From an Explore
- Navigating to Spaces to See Your Looks
- Editing Looks
- Deleting a Look
Saving Looks From an Explore
To save a Look from an Explore:
- In the upper right, click the menu gear.
- Choose Save as a Look.
- In Title, enter a new title. If you will be saving over an existing Look, leave this blank.
- In Description, you can enter a description of the Look. If you will be saving over an existing Look, leave this blank.
- In Space, check whether the current space is the desired destination.
- If you want to save to a different space, navigate to the space where you want to save your Look. You can:
- In Spaces, click any parent spaces to navigate there.
- On the left side, click the name of a top-level space to navigate to it.
- On the right side, click the name of a sub-space you would like to use or that you would navigate through to one of its sub-spaces.
- The Space field shows the name and location of the selected space and the right side displays the contents of the selected space. If you choose a space in which are not allowed to save the Look, an alert is shown in the pop-up box footer.
- Personal Space: Only you can see your saved Looks.
- Group Space: Your company can see the saved Looks
- Shared Space: Looks provided by Seven Senders
- Save your Look.
- To save and return to the Explore page, click Save.
- To save and view your Look, click Save & View Look.
Navigating to Spaces to See Your Looks
You can navigate your company’s spaces by going to Analytic's Explore your data or on a pre-defined dashboard and click on the 4 tiles in the right upper corner. The basics of navigating through these spaces is described in more detail on our Viewing Looks in Analytics page.
After creating a Look you can edit its underlying query, edit its name, and decide if it should automatically run when loaded, if you are Explore User.
Editing a Look’s Source Query
You can edit a saved Look’s fields, filters, visualizations, sorting, and so forth by following these steps:
- In the saved Look, click on the gear in the upper right corner.
- Click Edit.
- In the Edit window, make any changes you want to the Look’s fields, filters, visualization, and so forth.
- After you make the desired changes, click the Run button to update the Look.
- When the Look is finished running, the Save button will become enabled. Click Save to save your changes.
Renaming a Look
To rename an existing Look:
- Click on Edit as described above.
- Click in the name field on the left upper corner.
- Change the title as desired.
- Click Save.
Turning off Automatic Run on Load
You can prevent a Look from automatically loading its data when a user loads it. This can be useful if you want to give the user a chance to select their filters before the query runs. If you do choose to prevent the Look from running automatically, the user will see this when they initially load it.
To adjust the Run on Load option:
- Click the gear on the right upper corner of the Look .
- Select Edit Settings.
- Click the Run on Load toggle.
- Click Save.
Deleting a Look
You can delete a single Look directly from the Look’s gear menu at the upper right of the screen:
Click OK in the confirmation window to delete the Look.
Looks let you save the results of your exploration to view later or add to dashboards.